Monday, February 25, 2013

Turquoise and Pink Knit Tank Top

I finished my striped knit tank top...and I love it! It only took me a day to knit (no joke!) and though the straps took me a long time to get right, it was very easy to make. Here's how I did it:

I used:
a round needle size US13
3 balls of Knitpicks cotton yarn (which you can find here: KnitPicks)
and for the straps I used US9 needles

I doubled up the yarn (using two different colors at once) and cast on around 100 stitches on my round needles. I knit 4 stitches and then purled 4 stitches back and fourth for the bottom of the tank. Then I just knit until it was the length I wanted, occasionally decreasing stitches. I ended up with 80 stitches at the top of the tank top. I then just cast off.

For the straps, I used my size 9 needles and cast on 5 stitches. I knit until the straps were the length I wanted (around 50 rows) and then sewed them onto the shirt.

If you have any questions about how I knit this tank top, please just leave a comment below!




























4 comments:

  1. Great Job!! I was wondering why you used cotton? I do love the colors you chose...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I used cotton mainly because I can hand-wash it pretty easily. I also like how this yarn holds up and how light it feels for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that's really cute! I'm a beginner knitter, and was searching all over the web for a simple tank to knit then I came across your page......I'm going to start mine tomorrow! The only thing I haven't learned how to knit in the round, could I just knit to the desire length and seam on the side sorta as if I was knitting a scarf?

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW that's really cute! I'm a beginner knitter, and was searching all over the web for a simple tank to knit then I came across your page......I'm going to start mine tomorrow! The only thing I haven't learned how to knit in the round, could I just knit to the desire length and seam on the side sorta as if I was knitting a scarf?

    ReplyDelete

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.